Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Dance in Richmond Mormons church





Remember last dance in October. I had no experience and nervous but still had the first dance in my life. To me, Dance is still a pretty sensitive activity, but fortunately, I was invited to the other dance again. This is my second time!
On the way to the Richmond, There were other teenagers in the car. I was pretty quiet at start. I tried to find some topic to talk but it was really had to find a topic to talk with foreign girls. Finally, We talked about the singer Avril Lavigne. Because I had listen couple of her songs so I could talk to them. I passed first challenge gladly.
When we arrived church, I was a little bit in the the friend who invited me needed to go to a meeting so Vini and I would have one hour to face strangers on our own. I didn’t want to be boring during the time so I walked around. This is a big church, which had many rooms and two big dooms. People were busy to prepare the dance. Once, I saw a man sat on a 3-people sofa. I sat next to him and started talk something. Finally, We talked very well. He is a fencing coach who had a daughter would be qualified in the National Olympic Fencing event. I met her daughter. She was not very tall but has a pair of spirited and keen eyes, wore a set of Chinese dress.
We had a good talking. She also guided me in the dance and taught me many things.
When the dance started, I tried to separate with Vini because it let me feel better and free to social with people signally. To become a friend of strangers was not a easy job, but I was fortunate to meet nice people and made many buddies. Those people were pretty like me (sort of geeks). Even, I danced with some of them and made many kinds of friend. One of them is the controller of music. I talked very happily.
In the middle of the dance, the friend who invited me came to me and danced with me. She taught me how to do the Waltz dance. Following the melody in she counted, my legs were still uncontrolled but I tried very hard to dance rightly and face her face. Finally, we danced happily without noticing other people’s feet. Later, I dances with other people and made other friends.
Unexpectedly, someone really amazed me. Before I came, my mom told me that I would meet the most beautiful girl in the world. I laughed at that and believed there was nothing there. Unfortunately or ironically fortunately, when I danced with a girl with oriental face, I watched her, fascinated. I didn’t know why but felt comfy to dance with her. Although my back and my palm hold on her waist were both swearing, I still tried to make a poised conversation. She was a Korean, fifteen years old and came here 2 years ago. That five minutes dance was still fascinate me until now.
At the midnight, my friend’s parents picked us up and sent us home. It was a really good night to sleep and make a good dream

No comments: